(updated and effective as of 25th May 2018)
Lanigan Estates Ltd, hereinafter referred to as ‘we’ or ‘our’, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy has been created to set out the basis on which we hold any personal data that we may collect from you, or that you provide to us, and that may be processed by us in course of running our business. We will always handle your personal data in line with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Our Data Protection lead member of staff is Marissa Bayne who can be contacted by email at email@example.com.
Lanigan Estates Ltd, 49 Parkgate Road, London, SW11 4NP is a DATA CONTROLLER.
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND HOW AND WHY WE HOLD AND TREAT YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
We may collect the following information from you
The information you provide to us may include:
- Your name
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Financial and credit information
- Photograph identification
- Other relevant information pertaining to the requirements of our business
Information we may receive from other 3rd party suppliers
We may receive information about you to perform our business services from other 3rd party suppliers we work closely with. This information, and any data that we receive, will be shared internally and with any agencies required by law so that we can provide the service being requested. All 3rd party suppliers that we work with follow the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679) but we cannot be held responsible for errors that they may make. Our 3rd party suppliers may include property portal websites, referencing agencies, sub-contractors and other business agencies.
What we use the information we receive and hold about you for:
We may use this information to:
- Carry out our business services which may arise from any contracts entered into between you and our clients and/or us
- Provide you with the information and services that you would like from us
- Offer you information about other relevant services that we offer
- Ensure that we can provide you with the service best suited to your requirements
- Permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services that we feel may enhance the service we are providing. However, in the first instance they will only contact you if you have given consent directly to them through their own various means i.e. on their website. If you choose to opt out of all marketing (through our tick boxes in respect of this when you register with us) then we shall not offer you this type of information. We will never pass your details directly onto a 3rd party unless legally required to do so for business reasons.
- For internal record keeping purposes and the running of our day to day business operations
- We will notify you of any changes to any of our services that you are subscribed to
Security of your data
We store your information securely on our software systems with relevant electronic procedures and systems in place to safeguard this information. Access to any physical data we hold follows suitably strict procedures to safeguard and secure this information. Our website and online software is all encrypted using SSL technology. If you access our website or any 3rd party supplier website where you are asked for a password, you should not disclose this to any other person. Any password set up in this way is confidential and designed to keep your data safe. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Use of the internet to transfer data to us is not always a totally secure environment. We will always take appropriate steps to keep your data secure but sending confidential information to us by this means is always at your own risk.
Controlling and disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information provided to us with members of staff within our organisation.
We may share your information with selected third parties including as above the suppliers and sub-contractors that enable us to complete our business obligations in relation to any contracts entered into by you.
We will not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may be under duty to disclose your personal data to comply with legal obligations or to enforce our Terms and Conditions. This could include organisations and companies investigating fraud, anti-money laundering and other legal matters along with credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit rating or personal standing where this is a condition of us, or any of our clients, entering into a contract with you.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you agree and give consent for us to do this.
You have the right and may request details of your personal information we are holding about you under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679). If you would like to do this then please contact the lead member of staff as detailed at the top of this document.
Should Lanigan Estates Ltd be acquired by a third party, any personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets.
Length of time your data will be stored
We will keep your data safe and secure in accordance with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679). For business and legal purposes we are required to keep details of vendors, purchasers, landlords and tenants for 7 years from either the point of sale or purchase or from the expiry of a tenancy. If you have not entered into either a sale, purchase or a tenancy through our company then we can remove your details from our system if you wish. If you are linked to a property in any other way we may need to keep a record of your appointments and communications for 12 months before being able to remove you from our systems.